Let’s Shatter the Myths About Drug Abuse
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is holding its annual National Drug Facts Week from January 26 to February 1, 2015. This week gives us a chance to help teens (and adults too!) shatter the myths about drug use.
Teens are bombarded with conflicting messages that may leave them feeling confused and unsure of who to ask for information about drug use. With 15% of 12th graders reporting abuse of prescription drugs in the past year and 22.7% reporting use of marijuana in the past month, there is no better time than now to help teens understand the serious consequences of drug use.
There are plenty of ways to get involved in National Drug Facts Week, including:
- Stay connected with the Council on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram this week as we shatter the myths.
- Contact us to receive information to hand out to teens, and to learn more about our services, including student education
- Host a local event in your community—Check out NIDA’s Plan Your Event page for all the details.
- Take NIDA’s National Drug IQ Challenge
- Give a shout out on social media using the hashtag #DrugFacts
Learn more on NIDA’s website HERE.