Each month COCA’s Yvonne Stroman hosts a show on BCTV, interviewing experts on topics related to addiction, treatment and recovery. You can watch Yvonne live on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Scroll down for links to past episodes.
“Accessing Treatment for Addiction”
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Berks County Television (BCTV)
6:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Join us for next month’s BCTV show with your host Yvonne Stroman to learn about accessing treatment services. CLICK HERE to watch the show live online.
October 2019: Yvonne Stroman and guest discuss COCA’s school Prevention Education Programs.
September 2019: Yvonne Stroman and guests discuss the Stigma Campaign of the Council On Chemical Abuse.
August 2019: Learn about the services available in Berks County to prevent and treat fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, with host Yvonne Stroman and social worker Kerin Kohler.
July 2019: Yvonne Stroman interviews COCA Media & Community Relations Coordinator Jennifer Kirlin about the stigma associated with addiction and a new campaign to fight stigma in Berks County.
Previous BCTV Drug & Alcohol Update Shows
- June 2019: Summer Prevention Programs – Learn about COCA’s summer programs
- May 2019: Berks County Treatment Court Services – Learn about Berks County’s drug treatment court.
- April 2019: Walk it Out Recovery Services – Bilingual support for individuals in recovery and their families.
- March 2019: Up in Smoke – Get the facts about JUUling, vaping and cigarette smoking.
- February 2019: Problem Gambling – Where to get help and the importance of prevention.
- January 2019: Addiction as a Family Disease and the proven success of the CRAFT program.
- December 2018: Surviving an Overdose
- November 2018: SOS Berks – The Berks Opioid Coalition
- October 2018: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Neo-natal Abstinence Syndrome
- September 2018: Celebrating Recovery
- August 2018: National Recovery Month
- July 2018: Youth and Addiction including information on drug and alcohol treatment for youth.
- June 2018: Certified Recovery Specialist
- May 2018: Underage Youth with Alcohol-Related Charges
- April 2018: “Clear & Present Danger”: COCA’s educational program to address the opioid crisis in schools.
You can watch more informative episodes on our playlist of COCA’s monthly BCTV Drug & Alcohol Update Shows through 2016 .
Click below to view more past shows: