Congratulations to our winners! Ashleigh Huhn and Izahne’ Williams were the recipients of this year’s Pat Ganter Scholarship.
The Pat Ganter Scholarship is a $1,000 award available to a Berks County High School Senior who is active in substance abuse prevention in their school or community.
Application Requirements (Please note: Deadline is now passed for the 2019 scholarship)
- A completed application form
- Two typed letters of reference (from teachers/school personnel)
- A high school transcript (unofficial will be accepted)
- A typed 1,000-word or less biographical statement composed by you, in which you discuss
- Your educational goals
- Any community involvement (volunteer or service activities), special contributions you take pride in, or volunteer positions that promote community well-being or the well-being of individuals
- Specific areas of personal or academic growth and achievement in high school that you want to share with the committee (including awards and honors)
- How your educational path supports your life goals and reflects your values
Patricia Ganter, as a dedicated employee of the Council on Chemical Abuse and Caron Treatment Centers, was recognized by colleagues for her commitment to the field of addiction and recovery.
In her role as Administrative Assistant with these drug and alcohol organizations, Patricia joined a high degree of professionalism with a compassion for those challenged by addiction. With her optimistic demeanor, Patricia will long be remembered for her steadfast belief in the power of recovery.