Young Lungs At Play
The Berks County Young Lungs at Play (YLAP) initiative issupported by the Health Promotion Council and funded through a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
YLAP invites municipalities, school districts, youth sports organizations and other groups to join eliminate children’s exposure to secondhand smoke. Adopting 100 % tobacco free laws, ordinances, policies or resolutions in public areas where children play helps to accomplish this. This initiative will protect the environment and protect the health of all.
Three easy steps to join:
1. Implement a local 100% tobacco free ordinance, policy or resolution in public areas where children play.
2. Apply to participate in Young Lungs at Play!
3. Install Young Lungs at Play signs in designated areas
Participants will receive:
1. Resources and technical assistance, before, during and after implementation
2. FREE, standard pre-printed 12″x 18″ metal signs to place in your tobacco-free area(s)
For more information, please contact Teresa Detweiler by email at TDetweiler@cocaberks.org or by phone (610) 376-8669, Ext. 136.